Thursday, June 22, 2006

Garden Critters

One of the things that I really enjoy about our garden is the abundance of wildlife that it seems to attract. Last weekend I got this fantastic shot of a big dragonfly sunning himself on one of the stakes holding up the currant bush netting. I just love the pattern on this guy's wings, and once he figured out that I was only interested in photographing him (and not in eating him!), I'm convinced that he actually started posing for me... LOL!

These big dragonflies are really neat; they congregate together in large groups and you'll see masses of them in the sky, dipping and soaring in their never-ending quest for food. It's an amazing sight. And of course, they eat mosquitoes, which makes them all heroes in my book!

If you're interested in cool gift items featuring garden critters, be sure to check out the Naturescapes section in my CafePress store -- I've got lots of garden buddies in there, plus all sorts of flowers and landscape stuff, too!

No comments: